Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My Trip, by the Numbers..


I was planning on posting this last night, but I got sent home from work at the greyhound track early because it was a slow night, so I was a little upset when I got home. Here is a link to the company I work for right now:

http://www.igb.ie/

When I'm done working here, I will definitely have to go and watch the races for a night. From where I work and what I can see, it seems like a pretty cool deal.

In honor of the lack of Sportscenter, Sports Illustrated and a general ESPN influence, I've decided to post my own "By the Numbers" for my trip. Here it goes:

  • 14 - days I've been on the Emerald Isle
  • 0 - seconds of NBA Finals action that I have seen, unfortunately
  • 4 - Euro 2008 games that I have seen at least half of the 90 minutes played
  • 11 - hours worked at my job at the Galway Greyhound Track (slightly less than 1 hour/day)
  • 40 - minute walk to and from work - and I walk pretty fast
  • 16 - times I have went for a run
  • 128 - total mileage of these 16 runs
  • 1 - elite entry for Irish Runner 5 mile in Dublin (fee waived, etc.)
  • 8/11 - days that I have been in Galway where there has been some precipitation
  • 1 - time that I have used an umbrella
  • 107 - page impressions on June 1st, a record for The Erichsen Files
  • 2 - Finnish roommates, one of which is moving out today
  • 2 - phones that I have been using over here (Skype and my Irish cell phone)
  • 1 - movie I have seen in theatres (Indiana Jones, in Gaelic with subtitles)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Loved the post Erichsen. That company you are working for looks awesome. I would be interested to know what your responsibilities are. Oh, and I can't believe you are missing out on the NBA finals action...and I was wondering who you are cheering for? I know you are a big Kobe fan but I also remember you loving the Celts as well. My prediction is you are cheering for Boston, especially with your newfound Irish connections...haha take it easy.