Sunday, June 1, 2008

Last Chance Meet - North Central College

(Shortly following race - limited image choices)

After racing for three weeks with no concern for times, I did a 180° switch for the last chance meet in Naperville, Illinois. I ran the 1500 with only two things in mind; a fast time and a tune-up for the national meet next week. I think I was successful on both counts. I ran a huge PR (3:52.92) and I felt great doing it.

It was also a great trip for the team. I’ve been to North Central for this meet three times now and every time has been an awesome experience. This year, we had about twenty guys come down and compete, with almost everyone picking up a southern accent at some point during the week. Most of the time, our phrases went something like this: I don’t want…(insert anything here). It was an addicting habit and it ended up as the resounding theme of the trip. Whether that is good or bad is yet to be determined, but at least it was memorable.

No comments: