Sunday, July 19, 2009

July Update

For anyone that used to read this blog and still periodically checks in, I think this post is going to come as a big surprise. It's not that I'm writing about anything profound, it's just that I haven't posted a single word since last September. I wrote about how things were going during my first week of work - now that I've been at Target for ten months, the comments seem a little dated. It's time for an update..

First of all, one of the reasons the writing stopped so abruptly in September was a computer issue. My laptop made it all across Europe with me , but apparently the trip from Spring Valley to Bloomington was too much for it to handle. I managed to fix it enough to the point where it was serviceable for checking email, but that was the extent of it's functionality for about six months. After March, when I finally bought a new computer, I really don't have an excuse. I was just lazy, I guess.

What else is new in my life? Well, my sister Lindsey bought a house in Bloomington, my other sister Alissa and her husband, Drew had their second child, and my friends are all getting married. As for my major life changes, I moved from Bloomington to St. Paul - a grand total of about 13 miles. I'm now living with two friends from college in a brand new (at least in June) three bedroom place just across the river from Fort Snelling. It's an awesome location for running, commuting and improving my social life. Along with trails on both sides of the river, there are tons of great places to run in the southwest corner of St. Paul. I'm able to take the light rail to work, which makes things a lot more flexible both in the morning and at night. I'm also living closer to a number of my friends, which is a huge bonus.

As I hinted at before, I am still dabbling in the running and racing scene. I'll be commenting more on that in future posts. For now, I thought I would post a picture from the awards ceremony at my last race, an 8K in Cedar Rapids, Iowa (I'm in the back row).


Since it apparently works with weekly TV shows and blockbuster movies, I'm going to give a little teaser of what's to come in my future posts, assuming they come a little more frequently..
  • New car!
  • August vacation with my parents
  • Department change @ Target
  • #1 pick in Fantasy Football draft
  • Fall races

1 comment:

Dan said...

Yes! Back in action!